Saturday, January 29, 2011

Kong Genius Toys

My husband and I were shopping for storage stuff in HomeSense a few weeks ago, and there was a pet section with Kong toys that were way cheaper than they are at pet stores. I found a Kong Genius toy, which I had been wanting to get for a while for Oscar to try out, for $8. They were going for $12 at a local pet store, and I was holding off on getting one until I could find it on sale or something. I love finding deals!

The Kong Genius is a bit different from some of the other toys we've gotten for Oscar that I've blogged about, like the Kong Wobbler, the Tug-A-Jug, or the Buster Cube. The Wobbler and Buster Cube pretty much involve him pushing the toy around until food falls out. The Tug-A-Jug involves a lot of yanking and throwing the toy around until food comes out. The difficulty level of the Tug-A-Jug is higher than the others. The Kong Genius toys are meant to be linked up to increase difficulty, but right now I've only got one, so Oscar basically drops it on the ground over and over until kibble comes out. Not too challenging, but at least he has to work for his food.

All in all, not a bad toy. Oscar seems to like it fine, as you can see in the video after the pictures. Unlike the other food-dispensing toys, we can put this one into Oscar's crate with him to feed him since it's so small. It's a bit tight trying to fit a whole meal into the toy, though. The only other issue is that the spout at the top where you load the toy is too small for most treats to fit through. I do put a couple of treats in there which are too large to come out of the spout, in order to challenge Oscar to try to get it out through the Xs in the toy. Maybe the next time I'm at HomeSense, I'll find another one to link up to this one. Then I'll have no trouble getting a full meal into it, and it will be a bit more tricky for him!


There are a couple of places for other toys to link up to this one...



3 comments:

Kiyi Kiyi said...

That's a neat toy!

Diana Chiew said...

I'll have to check out our petshop to see if they have that!

Oskar said...

Interesting. We're looking for toys like that for me too!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...