The rules for accepting the award are to thank the person (or pups!) who gave you the award, share 7 things about yourself, link to 15 recently discovered bloggers, and contact them to tell them about the award.
Since this blog isn't really about me, I'll share a mix of things about myself and about Oscar.
- I am a first time dog owner. That's why I love going through other blogs to learn as much as I can, and sharing what I've learned.
- I'm slightly addicted to buying dog toys and supplies. I could spend hours in PetSmart! I think it's fun trying to find toys that will hold Oscar's interest and looking for healthy treats that he'll enjoy.
- I'm hoping to start making some homemade treats for Oscar. I figure that it will let me keep a closer eye on what he's eating and that it will save me some money too! I'll let you know how those culinary experiments go.
- We have an exercise pen for Oscar, which is hooked up to his crate and the baby gate. He has discovered numerous ways to escape his exercise pen, so we've had to come up with increasingly elaborate ways to keep the pen together to make sure he's confined during the day so that he doesn't escape and chew up our entire house. I can't imagine the trouble he could get into if he was loose in our house for a whole day! He's a clever little escape artist.
- Oscar greets other dogs and people quite nicely...unless they are on the other side of a fence. Then he's a barking machine! He's got a low bark, where he sounds bigger than he is, and then he's got his yappy, ear-splitting puppy bark. You can probably guess which one I prefer.
- Oscar hasn't learned yet that it's easiest to get around in a car when he's sitting or lying down. He gets so excited during car rides that he stands the whole time, running around from window to window or trying to jump into the front with us. We bought a harness for him that we're going to try to use, and I've also been trying to lure him into staying down by holding a treat near his nose the whole ride. It hasn't quite worked yet...
- We aren't the most organized of people, so our countertops and tables are a bit cluttered. Sadly for us, Oscar has now learned how to climb onto tables (opening up a whole new world of things that he shouldn't be chewing), so we'll have to learn how to keep the surfaces in our house clutter-free. It's so much easier to just leave things lying around! It's kind of startling to walk into the room and see the dog standing on the dining room table, staring at me.
Now I'd like to pass on the award to other very stylish blogs that I have a lot of fun reading. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these blogs have already received this award!
- Just a Pup
- Life With LuLu (and Wally, Too!)
- Why Not on a Tuesday
- Dugan's Dog House
- Dog Blogging with Luna
- Nico and the Bandit
- Clifford the Little Red Blogging Dog
- Finn's Dog Blog
- Too Cute Pugs
- The World According to Lexi
- From "The Acre of Misfits"
- The Briese Moon
- Don't Be a Pit Bully
- Banjo and Millie
Please visit these other lovely blogs! I'm sure you'll enjoy them as much as I do.