Thursday, February 10, 2011

Planet Dog

I was in Pet Valu the other day and came across an interesting-looking toy.  The brand is Planet Dog, and the toy is called the Orbo. They also make balls, chewy bones, and other toys. The Orbo looks like a Kong but the material is much softer and bouncier (and apparently buoyant, for those of you with pools). It looks like a little planet Earth (well, two planet Earths fused together, I guess). I was reading more about them last night and decided to get one. They are mint-scented/flavoured to keep the dog interested. I would love to be able to find a rubber toy that Oscar likes to chew on that doesn't have to be stuffed with treats. He seems to like chewing on my husband's rubber Nike sandals every night, but ignores dog toys that we actually buy for him to play with. He seems to like it so far, but only time will tell if he will just ignore it like the others. It does have a place to stuff treats though, so if he won't play with it just on its own, then I'll have to give in and put treats in there to tempt him. I'll report back!

Cute!

Stuffable...though the opening is smaller than
the Kong so I'll probably only put small treats
 in it, rather than filling it with peanut butter.

Waiting so patiently to play with the toy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We LOVE our Orbo toys! Very durable for strong chewers, too :) Enjoy, Oscar!

Oskar said...

We'll have to look into these!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Kiyi Kiyi said...

Tibby doesn't like rubber toys or bones to chew on either. They are cute toys though!

Diana Chiew said...

Our power chewer puppies love to chew on rubber and most of their rubber toys are ruined. We have a Kong Treat Ball and a Classic Kong but they are not interested to chew on them. If I have some peanut butter in them then they would love to lick at it. Otherwise, they prefer soft rubber toys.

FANCY the Red Standard Poodle said...

Hi Y'all,

My Humans select toys for me and monitor while I play. Momma puts it away as soon as I stop playing. Guess I earned it since my black kong had to end chewed off to get to the stuffin'.

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...